Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Thoughts on Psalm 139:23-24

Psalm 139:23-24 (NKJV)
"Search me, O God, and know my heart.; test me and know my thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends You, and lead me along the path of everlasting life."

You know, if you really stop to consider this passage, you might be surprised to realize that it is very intimidating. How many of us truly want someone to know the depths of our hearts...to know every thought that passes through our head. That could be very embarrassing at the least. For God to point out to us all of our imperfections...all the things that offend Him...could be very depressing and shameful.


I have realized that everyone has to come to a point where their lives are so unmanageable and so unbearable that they will do anything to be happy. Will you do anything to be happy today? I came to that point. The day that I realized that only a right relationship with my Heavenly Father would make me happy, I decided that I would not let anything stand in the way of that relationship anymore. It is our sin that stands in our way. It is our unwillingness to admit our wrongs and have God point them out that keeps us from His presence. It is our unwillingness to change that keeps us from that deep and abundant love that we all crave.


Are you bold enough today to ask God to reveal the things in you that keep you separated from Him (and really mean it)? Yes - I am bold enough to ask God to point out my faults. Then, I can admit them and ask Him to deliver me from my sinful nature so that I can bask in my Father's love and He can be proud of His child for a job well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment