Tuesday, September 14, 2010

"AHA!" Moment - FEAR and Conforming

Ok so I am working on something that God has placed upon my heart lately. I truly have no idea WHAT it is yet...but I'm working on it. I know that sounds a little strange but it's kinda like how a sculptor talks about this huge piece of rock he is carving on. Sometimes they say that the art already exists within the rock and they have no idea what it will be until it comes out and they are finished. They are bringing the art out of the stone... Anyway, I guess that is a good metaphor.

So like I said, I have been working on this by looking up some scriptures (always my starting point.) The only thing I know for sure is that I have to get to the bottom of all the whys and hows of people hindering the outpouring of the Holy Spirit in their personal lives and in the life of the body of Christ as a whole. In the midst of all this, I received an AHA.


Many people do not realize that they are conforming to the world. I didn't. You know what disguise it came in? FEAR. Fear of being wrong...fear of failure...fear of what other people think of you. If you want to be set free, you can not be in FEAR! Fear is the root of SO many things...take a look at just a part of the viscious cycle!


FEAR = CONFORMITY TO THIS WORLD = BLOCKED TRANSFORMATION = HINDERED HOLY SPIRIT = MISERY AND LACK OF POWER = SIN = SHAME = HIDING FROM GOD = FALLING AWAY = LESS POWER = MORE SIN (and on and on and on and on)


That is probably a duh thing for most of you but it was an AHA for me. That is all. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment