Saturday, October 23, 2010

Random Wisdom and Funny Stuff #2

It is so amazing that the moment we submit to God's will alone, we begin to see insurmountable barriers blown away. Our faithful God opens up pathways that did not exist so that we may fulfill the mission He has called us to. Thank you God that you equip the called rather than calling the equipped!

While you scream at your woman, there's a man wishing he could whisper in her ear. While you humiliate, offend, and insult her, there's a man flirting with her and reminding her how beautiful she is. While you hurt her, there's a man wishing he could take her pain away. While you make your woman cry, there's a man stealing smiles from her!!!


"God whispers in our souls and speaks to our hearts. Sometimes when we don't have time to listen, He has to throw a brick at us. It's our choice." - Tenay Reeves (To which I replied, "Yeah...so that explains all the knots on my head...")


O, Lord God Almighty, not the God of the philosophers and the wise but the God of the prophets and apostles; and better than all, the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, may I express Thee unblamed? They that know Thee not may call upon Thee as other than Thou art, and so worship not Thee but a creature of their own fancy; therefore enlighten our minds that we may know Thee as Thou art, so that we may perfectly love Thee and worthily praise Thee. In the name of Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. [A. W. Tozer] (Quoted and posted by Jarrett "Jak" Stephens)


I fear and tremble at the thought that I would shun the correction of the Holy Spirit and adopt a feel-good Christianity in which I grow no closer to God and become like the lukewarm church at Laodicea (see Revelation 3:14-22) because I do NOT want my beautiful Lord and Savior to feel about me the way He feels about that church! I would be losing everything to trade His power for my comfort and entertainment.


If I share a cookie with you, then you are one of my very best friends...cause I'm really stingy with my cookies, you know...


Fluctuating moods are normal as long as my faith doesn't suffer. I sometimes tend to overly worry that I am going to end up back in that black hole of depression...but as long as I have faith, I know I won't! I should know that I won't lose my joy unless I give it away!


"Honk if you love Jesus, text while driving if you want to meet Him." - On some random Church sign


"To Do List: 1.Pray 2.Vote 3.Buy more ammo." - The 'bumper sticker' I swiped off Danny Anderson's wall


Additional favorites were the deer hash and spinach conversations...but I guess you had to "be there"! :))


Boundless Love in Christ,
-Patricia (PJ)

No comments:

Post a Comment