Sunday, February 24, 2013

I Believe

I believe in the God the Father, maker of Heaven and Earth,
And in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord,
Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
Born of the Virgin Mary,
Suffered under Pontius Pilate,
Was crucified, died, and was buried.
On the third day, He rose from the dead,
He ascended into Heaven,
and He sits at the right hand of God the Father, Almighty.
From there, He will judge the quick and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the universal Church,
The fellowship of believers, the forgiveness of sins,
The resurrection of the body, and everlasting life.
I also believe...


 

I believe that God is calling His people to repentance, renewal, and yearns to sanctify them. I believe that He is calling His workers for the harvest. I do not know if it is THE Great Harvest, or A big harvest, but I know that God is moving to wake His Church up. I believe in the original theological doctrines of the United Methodist Church, as they were when we upheld the rich Wesleyan tradition that we began with. I believe in personal holiness and wholeness. I believe that Christ gave us everything we need to obtain that holiness and wholeness. I believe in the power of the cross, not only to destroy the power of sin and death, but to heal the wounds of the world. I believe that we are sent, not to proclaim condemnation on the world and portray ourselves as holier-than-thou, but to bind up the broken, heal the sick, feed the hungry, and set captives free. I believe that Jesus Christ is enough to heal the wounds of this broken world and I believe that He has sent me to be His servant. Change begins with me. Will you join me?

In Him, for Him, and through Him,
-P

No comments:

Post a Comment