Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Beginning a New Chapter

Do not ever let the devil tell you that you can't accomplish what God has called you to do because you're not worthy and you're going to fail. Through Christ, you can do anything because He is worthy and His love never fails!

I haven't posted in quite some time. I am not sure if that is because I have been incredibly busy, because I didn't really know what to say, or because I was dealing with difficult things within my spirit--or a mixture of all three. If the truth be told, I really have been struggling with thoughts of inadequacy and worthlessness. I finally got confirmation of my call into ministry and I honestly didn't think that I could do it. Honestly, I still have that self-doubt nagging in my head to a certain degree, but by the grace of God and the power of the Holy Spirit, I am overcoming those thoughts.

For those of you who don't know, I am now an M. Div student at Asbury Theological Seminary.  Today, I went to my first day of New Student Orientation there. My body is tired, but my spirit is elated! We did all the normal campus tours and info sessions, but the chapel service was one of the highlights of the day. Dr. Tennent preached and the message was right on target. He said that we should marry learning and heart and be neither a fool on fire, nor a scholar on ice, but a scholar on fire! He also touched on a few other points that really touched my heart and we had a group prayer over all the new students. Needless to say, I was a complete waterworks the whole time, as usual. The worship was so real you could feel a tangible presence of the Holy Spirit in that chapel. It was truly beautiful.

I also met a lot of wonderful new friends today. During breaks, we did a lot of talking and getting to know each other. God was even working during the down time because we ended up ministering to each other and talking through some of the baggage that we were carrying with us. It was wonderfully liberating to know that we were not expected to be perfectly whole when we got there, and that we would have help in our personal formation. The staff and other students have been so supportive. God have me this wonderful word to share with my new friends: We will begin our ministries with each other, and when we help each other become whole and lift each other up, we will be ready to go into all the world and do the same for others.

Right now, I am humbled and extremely grateful that God would choose to take such a broken pile of pottery shards and reform and re-purpose me to be a vessel of honor for Him. Wretch that I am, He has chosen me to help heal those who have been broken in the same ways that I have been broken.

Thank You, Jesus, for taking my sin, my guilt, and my worthlessness and giving me a purpose that I surely do not deserve. I will joyfully help heal others and share Your grace with them. Help me to always serve only You, for I belong to You, and my life is no longer my own. All praise, honor, and glory be Yours, now and forever. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment